Monday 20 August 2007

Yes, This Blog is Still Alive

Yep, just about two months since my last post. Summer has come and largely gone in it's usual whirlwind, and I just never seemed to get around to posting anything. Well, one of the things that keep me busy all summer was travel and photography, so I will have some new pictures to post over the next few months. A trip back home to Newfoundland, a couple of treks to Jasper and Banff National Parks for camping & hiking, and a visit to the dinosaurs of Drumheller, AB resulted in a pile of images to sift through.

These first couple are from the Royal Tyrell Museum in Drumheller, a real Mecca if you're into dinosaurs and all other things prehistoric. These two images illustrate some of the reasons I’m quite happy with my Pentax K10D. These were both made in a dark museum at slow shutter speed (around 1/8 - 1/20s if I remember right) and ISO equivalent of 1600. Oh, and these are both hand held. The shake reduction feature of the K10D really shines in these types of shooting conditions, and I was quite impressed by the result I was able to get with handholding down to as low as 1/2s and 1/4s shutter speeds. I would have never dreamed of trying this with film.



No comments: